The Tactical Portfolio is M&FI’s treasury. It is through the Tactical Portfolio that we wioll ensure that we have capital at our disposal to invest when others cannot, or will not, invest in the metals and mining sector.
- The overriding investment objective for the Tactical Portfolio is preservation of capital while providing a reasonable return on capital.
- Investments must be in high quality, revenue generating and liquid.
- No equity investment should represent in excess of 10% of the invested funds at the time the investment is made.
- Investments will be predominantly equities, but other types of investments are possible such as ETF’s, metal commodities, convertible and straight debt and, on occasions, options and futures.
- Equity Investments can be made in any sectors in any market.
- Investments can be made to hedge the gains made in the Strategic Investment Portfolio.
- Board must be informed of all changes in portfolio within 24 hrs. Board must approve (by email and simple majority) any new investment exceeding 5% of tactical total portfolio.